Bj's vs rustys 6 inch lift

FSJ Off-Roading Tech Discussions

Bj's vs rustys 6 inch lift

Postby bigmakus » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:24 am

I am looking at getting a 6 inch lift for my 1979 wagoneer and I was wanting any input on the rustys or the bj's lift is better and will hold up the best because I am anything but nice to my rig

thanks in advance
If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's an electrical problem
bigmakus
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Re: Bj's vs rustys 6 inch lift

Postby Murphy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:09 am

I don't know if there is much of a difference between the two, or any at all. I hear about people being happy with both.

There probably is not many who have run both for a direct comparison, but maybe others will chime in with their thoughts.
Murphy

Postby bigmakus » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:01 am

Ya I am prolly gonna end up goin with the rustys lift just because it is so much cheaper. The only bad thing I have read about it is aparently some people have trouble with the rear shocks and they have to flip the shocks upside down. They say that makes it ride like shit but I don't really care because this is gonna be strickly off road rig
bigmakus
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby Murphy » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:27 pm

Lately I have heard that BJ's springs rides and flexes a little better. So it will probably be a "you get what you pay for" thing. Skyjacker will have the best flex, but it is considerably more expensive, and only comes in a 4" as far as I know.

Have you considered spending a little more and going to a spring over and a shackle flip? That is the best way to go if you can afford it, in my opinion.
Murphy

Postby bigmakus » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:20 pm

yea i have considered it... but my springs are so worn out that i thought it would be better to replace the springs... the only other thing that i see to do would to go and have my springs rearched and then do the SOA/ shackle flip
bigmakus
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to Off-Road FSJ Tech