Custom Power Brake - Jeep Hydroboost Brake Systems

FSJ Related Vendors Only -- (New & Used Parts)

Custom Power Brake - Jeep Hydroboost Brake Systems

Postby Elliott » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:25 pm

Click here to view more info or to contact me at Custom Power Brake

The used Astro hydroboost (available on request with prepayment) is only $125 shipped if you don't need the master cylinder (1980 down to about '74 or so FSJ), add $25 for the MC if you do need it and another $53 for the mount (depending on the type mount you'd like, $98 for stainless). I have this worked up for the M715 and Commando also. Then I have a setup for the CJ7, Jeep Wrangler YJ, TJ, ZJ and find these work in Chevy S10 applications. ;)

**I've verified these can be used for a direct bolt in (after threading the rod for the clevis) '68-'82 C3 Corvettes.

Also added a new hydroboost set up for the CJ5/7/10/XJ/ZJ utillizing a one piece mounting bracket so there is no additional charge for a second spacer.
These hydroboosts will work for every year FSJ by tweaking a few things. If you have done brake upgrades, have a good solid system that is set up and bled correctly but just don't think it's performing like you think it should... this system will knock your socks off. :D

For current Ebay listings go to:

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

This is a NEW hydroboost I am selling on a limited basis, this is shown with the adustable rod end, a stainless mount and the P30 iron MC:
Pricing on the new units here are $434 shipped with a painted mount or $479 shipped with a stainless mount (while the small supply of stainless mounts lasts, the next run might be double...) the stainless plates are cut a little oversize and are blank for the bolt pattern to keep them more universal, the fit and drill is up to you but it is a pretty close match to the aluminum firewall block.... too narrow for a CJ, but will fit a TJ and many other vehicles at 5x5".

The new (one ton) HB with a long accumulator (add $50 for the accumulator upgrade):

This is one type of '74+ FSJ stainless spacer available for $54. Purchased/shipped separately from a buddy:

Installation tips:

1) Under no circumstances do you bleed this system with the engine running.
2) Under no circumstances should you EVER manually pull the brake pedal up from the floor or you will render the Hydroboost inoperable.
3) If you replace your master cylinder you must first bench bleed it and then bleed your brake system prior to bleeding the hydroboost system.

Running all discs? These are reported to work just fine with the Astro MC (in all cases excepting with the addition of very large bore calipers from one ton trucks, as in the F450 with big pistons) but you want to add a larger reservoir. Alternatively, you can use '77-'82 Corvette master cylinders for most applications but may want to use a one ton truck MC depending on which calipers you are running.

***If you are interested in buying one of these from me, either buy the one on ebay or click on my name and send me an email (don't PM me please).

Hydratech's (these guys are pros and sell new systems as well as hose fittings/lines) info on brake bleeding and PS system flushing:
http://hydratechbraking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=282
http://hydratechbraking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129

Disclaimer: Hydro-Boost is a registered ® trademark of the Robert Bosch Corporation. All products herein are modifications and not directly or indirectly affiliated with the Robert Bosch Corporation unless noted. Custom Power Brake (aka Sterlingworth16) is not affiliated with Bosch. All products herein are designed for off road use only and are not DOT certified. The process to meet DOT certification is extremely lengthy. To my knowledge, no other aftermarket modifier of hydroboosts has their units DOT certified for street use either. Any purchase of product and/or use of tech related to these products constitute the understanding that brake line pressure will be dramatically increased and the acceptance of liability or risk related to use.
Last edited by Elliott on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hydroboost Brake Systems

Postby Elliott » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:17 am

Just a heads up, if you locate a ~'98/'99 or so F250/350/450 with hydroboost you can look right in front of the the radiator at the lower, driver's side and there you'll find a PS cooler with slip on hose fittings. The units for the F450 are larger, at least on the later trucks. I'll put a pic up of the '90s model when I get it loaded. Hydrboosts do add temp to your PS system and here in TX, if you offroad, you'll probably want to add something like this. I have no idea what the dealer gets for these, but you won't find them listed on Autozone or RockAuto. :thumbsup:
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 am

Cooler: The later two pass, 3/8 ID tube/fin Ford coolers will flow better than this plate type.

Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:19 am

Here are some different setups available:

This is an Astro van HB setup using a stainless mount that will bolt straight to the face of the aluminum firewall block on a '74+ FSJ:

This is an Astro van HB setup using a full steel mount that replaces the aluminum firewall block on a '74+ FSJ and uses the existing firwall bolt holes. The rotation is the Std rotation:

Same as above only with an inverted rotation for the HB which gives greater clearance at the valve cover (nice for big blocks):

Here is a Scrambler single flange mount for the Dodge HB:

The Scrambler/Dodge HB assembly:

Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:21 am

This is for a '84 FS Bronco....

Here's one of the '67-'73 firewall plates. Still basically a prototype, it's kind of a bugger to get exactly how I want it. This will have the tube welded on at 6*+ to match the angle that was on the booster.

Also have a tri five Chevy mount coming out in a single flange....
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:29 pm

Those '67-'73 FSJ position 2 mounts are now in production. Have some goodies coming back from the machine shop this week I'll be posting up on...
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Sat May 15, 2010 7:40 am

Here's a pic of the position 2 FSJ mount/setup:

Image Image

These are the new MC rotator plates that allow you to 1) clock your HB differently to a Dodge angle, 2) to adapt a 3.2 bolt center MC to a 3.4 bolt center HB and visa versa:

Now you can rotate the HB to put the accumulator in one of these two positions:

Image Image
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:44 pm

I have different hydroboosts listed all the time so check them out over at:
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Jeep ZJ Hydroboost mounts now available. :thumbsup:
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:42 am

I have hydroboost mounts for your Jeep TJ. :thumbsup:
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:32 pm

Currently working with a local guy on his PSC full hydro buggy.... will post up how the mod goes and how it works when he's done a trial run at Bridgeport in a few weeks if all goes well. 54" boggers, auto tranny, rockwells, Atlas, Vette LS1, all dual piston F450 calipers....

He's set up with the new one ton HB and the Dodge disc/disc MC which I know is everything he needs for his calipers but just wondering how it fits in with his full hydro (and rear steer rocks).... it's supposed to work. Will see if the HB needs flowed to keep from restricting his steering....

Stay tuned for a report and some pics when I have permission to post up. :arrow:
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:02 pm

As of today I only have 6 of the new hydroboosts left for sale. I really got a steal on that pallet load and was able to get them out to y'all for hundreds less than anyone else is selling new units for. I don't know what the next batch is going to run me or what I'm going to have to charge for them but it's unlikely I can score as well as I did on these so if you've been thinking about one of the new units I suggest you don't linger if this price is within reach.
I also have a pretty full supply of used units so let me know if I can help you build some kick butt brakes! :thumbsup:
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:47 pm

Only 5 of the new ones left as of today.
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:02 pm

I only have four of the new hydroboost left...
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:07 pm

There are just three new hydroboost left at this point....
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:03 pm

If anyone is interested in buying just the mount and in kit form where you fit and weld it up yourself I am working on putting together such a product. I've sold one already but it does take the special Kent-Moore socket to install these as well as some other modifications I'm trying to see if I can work around to make these available on a wider basis. If you would be interested in such a kit let me know here.
Thanks,
Elliott
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Vendors