Show your stocker rigs

General Discussions for FSJ Related Topics

Show your stocker rigs

Postby Murphy » Mon May 11, 2009 12:24 pm

Lets see'um.

The off-roaders have threads for pics and vids of trail rigs, so all us mild childs and retro'ers want to show our street-legal rigs too.

Just to kick things off...

If you need help posting pics, here is a quick howto:
viewtopic.php?p=207#p207
Murphy

Re: Show your stocker rigs

Postby jeepskater433 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:38 pm

how about street rigs for the time being?

my 87 GW, i started rebuilding her by swapping out the interior and engine, but between other projects shes jus sitting for now
my new 88 GW, i see more potential in this one than my 87, so im building her up but first comes body work, this what she looked like when i first got her
Happiness is just a downshift away

2009 Ford Mustang GT-Daily Driver/Track Car
1999 Jeep Wrangler-Trail Rig/Daily Driver
1989 Jeep Comanche- Urban Assualt Vehicle
1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer-Restoration Project
jeepskater433
Gear Head
Gear Head

Postby Murphy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:35 am

jeepskater433 wrote:how about street rigs for the time being? ...

You bet. I'm building on mine too, but it will never be a dedicated off-roader that may not even be street legal. I need another rig and more piles of money for that. Not to mention a nice truck to tow with, and a trailer. Heck, as long as I'm dreaming, I might as well build my camaro pro-stock style for the strip.

:surrender:
Murphy

Postby jeepskater433 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:24 pm

WaveHunter wrote:You bet. I'm building on mine too, but it will never be a dedicated off-roader that may not even be street legal. I need another rig and more piles of money for that. Not to mention a nice truck to tow with, and a trailer. Heck, as long as I'm dreaming, I might as well build my camaro pro-stock style for the strip.

:surrender:

haha, yea jeeps do empty out your pockets, the red 88 im going to eventually lift it and put 33's, but after i have it running properly(overheating, radiator cap keeps overflowing) and get all the body work done(paint and a few body panels). the blue 87 i havent decided what to do with, ive thought about doing a 6 inch lift with bushwackers, j20 axles, locked and geared, 35's, caged and jus make a full fledge off-road but still street legal truck, but im also thinking about jus getting rid of it and starting over with something that has a title and that runs

jeepskater433
Gear Head
Gear Head

Postby jdaniel83 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:08 pm

jeepskater433 wrote:how about street rigs for the time being?

my 87 GW, i started rebuilding her by swapping out the interior and engine, but between other projects shes jus sitting for now
my new 88 GW, i see more potential in this one than my 87, so im building her up but first comes body work, this what she looked like when i first got her

Those rims/tires on the '87 look familiar. :-) What ever happened to the '78 Cherokee?
'89 Grand Wagoneer; 360 with Holley Pro-Jection TBI, 727, 3.73 Motive gears
'66 Gladiator; AMC 327 Vigilante, T-18, 4.27 gears
'70 Wagoneer; Buick Dauntless 350, TH400, 3.73 gears
"83 Wagoneer Limited; 360; 727, Dana 44/AMC 20, 3.31 gears.
jdaniel83

Postby jeepskater433 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:35 pm

jdaniel83 wrote:Those rims/tires on the '87 look familiar. :-) What ever happened to the '78 Cherokee?

yea i took that pic right before i took it to the storage, my dad had to sell the cherokee, i was really pissed :angry: , but i understood why, he needed the money at the time, i wanted to get the wheels, tires and brush guard before he sold it but he sold it with all of that plus my brand new jerry can that he forgot to take out :banghead: , it went to a local who was going to completely restore it, o well ill get another later on after i get rid of some jeeps, already got rid of the rusted out parts wagoneer,

jeepskater433
Gear Head
Gear Head

Postby jdaniel83 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:20 pm

That's a shame buddy, that was certainly a good looking running project. Best of luck with the '88 Grand Wag, it looks like a good machine to start restoring. Let me know how it goes and if you need any help, I kinda enjoyed the 4+hour road trip down there last time. :thumbsup:
'89 Grand Wagoneer; 360 with Holley Pro-Jection TBI, 727, 3.73 Motive gears
'66 Gladiator; AMC 327 Vigilante, T-18, 4.27 gears
'70 Wagoneer; Buick Dauntless 350, TH400, 3.73 gears
"83 Wagoneer Limited; 360; 727, Dana 44/AMC 20, 3.31 gears.
jdaniel83

Postby jeepskater433 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:31 am

jdaniel83 wrote:That's a shame buddy, that was certainly a good looking running project. Best of luck with the '88 Grand Wag, it looks like a good machine to start restoring. Let me know how it goes and if you need any help, I kinda enjoyed the 4+hour road trip down there last time. :thumbsup:

yea i was lookin at j10 earlier but decided i have too many jeeps right now, besides the fact the guy sold it the weekend i was out of town, but yea thanks, the wagoneer is coming along jus fine, im tryin to get the body complete(it was in hit in the front) all i need now is a right fender which i might have one coming from Chrome on ifsja.org and a grille surround, but plans for it so far is 6 inch lift on 33's on 15x10 polished rims(jus like the cherokees) after i get it painted, not really gonna build an all-out off-road truck jus something that looks bad ass and is somewhat capable but yea if i need any help ill let you know, heres some pics of it so far, and a group shot next to the blue wag, if you look closely you can even see my wrangler behind the red wag

jeepskater433
Gear Head
Gear Head

Postby MischiefMan » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:30 pm

My 88.

MischiefMan