Custom Power Brake - Jeep Hydroboost Brake Systems

FSJ Related Vendors Only -- (New & Used Parts)

Re: Hydroboost Brake Systems

Postby Elliott » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:20 pm

Elliott wrote:If anyone is interested in buying just the mount and in kit form where you fit and weld it up yourself I am working on putting together such a product. I've sold one already but it does take the special Kent-Moore socket to install these as well as some other modifications I'm trying to see if I can work around to make these available on a wider basis. If you would be interested in such a kit let me know here.
Thanks,
Elliott

I can't hear you.... :arrow:
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:40 am

Elliott wrote:There are just three new hydroboost left at this point....

Two left now.
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:14 am

Elliott wrote:If anyone is interested in buying just the mount and in kit form where you fit and weld it up yourself I am working on putting together such a product. I've sold one already but it does take the special Kent-Moore socket to install these as well as some other modifications I'm trying to see if I can work around to make these available on a wider basis. If you would be interested in such a kit let me know here.
Thanks,
Elliott

Here's a couple teaser pics for the hydroboost mount kits, still trying to work out the details on getting the custom socket built but the shop has my design so just waiting for feedback on what those are going to cost.

Image Image
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Texas Hydroboost - Jeep Hydroboost Brake Systems

Postby Elliott » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:57 pm

I just completed a Jeep MJ/XJ hydroboost mount that is being test fit soon. I should all fit up great. If anyone has a custom need that's something I love doing so run your ideas by me. If you are seeing this and aren't a member here you can still reach me through my ebay listings.;)
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:25 pm

The MJ/XJ mount worked great. If anyone is interested I just picked up a large stock of new hydroboosts so these should be listed on here in not too long.....
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:43 pm

I have a large batch of NEW GM CUCV M1008 hydroboosts in stock and I'm doing these up with custom brake rods when neccessary. I can put a mount on them to fit just about any vehicle so check out my ebay listings, look me up under: Sterlingworth16 or, go here and look up my other listings: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0533018829
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:47 am

Elliott wrote:
Thanks,
Elliott

Here's a couple teaser pics for the hydroboost mount kits, still trying to work out the details on getting the custom socket built but the shop has my design so just waiting for feedback on what those are going to cost.

Image Image

Folks, the custom sockets for the large nut work awesome and are being shipped to me currently. I will have pricing available on the kits shortly. :rnr:
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:52 pm

Custom hydroboost sockets are now available and fit every mount, including all those that I build or will be offering soon in kits:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300548972323?_t ... IT&vxp=mtr
(If that link doesn't work my ebay name is sterlingworth16 and you can search up my listings that way)

Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby reinaldo » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:15 am

This is really interesting since brake system is one of the most important part of the vehicle because it will ensure safety. I'm interested to get this type of brake and will buy new jeep parts one of these days.
reinaldo

Postby Elliott » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:23 pm

Check it out, let me know if you need a kit. Contact me here, on ebay or at:

sterlingworth16 at yahoo dot com

That is the lowest price I can sell the socket's for unless I run a very large batch and I would be packing huge inventory for a great long while so....
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:47 pm

Hey folks, I've been working with this guy on his '37 Plymouth Tudor show car and he was only getting 1,000psi at the front caliper using a 7" dual diaphram vacuum booster so he was pretty pleased when he got done installing one of my 1 ton units and gauged psi at idle @ 2,400.... that would put him at the max of 2,600psi running. Make sure your brake lines, etc. are in top shape and can handle the increase in line pressure;)

Image Here's a pic of John's car: Image
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Custom Power Brake - Jeep Hydroboost Brake Systems

Postby Elliott » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:27 pm

I'm in the process of updating my website at http://www.custompowerbrake.com and I am adding more pics of other vehicles that have been boosted as well as adding some stuff for kit mounts for the guys that want to build their own using their own hydraulic booster (HB). I pick up the parts from the laser shop tomorrow....
If you want to read more about John's '37 Tudor and review his excellent work then check out his write up at my site under the "Rides" tab.
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:11 am

I'm afraid my prices are going to have to go up as it's costing me more to get the the hydroboosts.... I think as time permits I will try to get back into the wrecking yards to pull some good used unit's too so hopefully I can offer those. I have kits for early Mopar now so if you have a rig other than a Jeep just ask me about what I have or could build and I will get it done if it's possible. Just built one for a local guy here with a '64 Polara 500 and have a mount for a '64-'66 Cuda. More new stuff coming and I also sell mount kits for owners that want to build their own hydroboost setup using an HB they source.
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:06 pm

Here is a 3 plate hydroboost kit mount I am selling that fits the Jeep TJ to a late (long rod) Astro hydroboost. It comes with a third plate to replace the Astro angled mount you can remove using a crowfoot wrench. You source your own 5/8" to 1/2" bushing for the rod end so it fits your pedal.

This pic was taken using a GM truck HB that had the brake rod threaded for an adjustable end but I can make them the exact length to fit the late Astro HB:

With this mount welded up you can simply unbolt the HB from the mount on your firewall to invert it if you want more valve cover clearance. I can build similar mounts for many applications so just ask if you want to source your own HB and weld your own mount to save some $.

These are $62 + shipping, in kit form for you to weld.

Interested? email me at sterlingworth16 at yahoo dot com

For comparison you can see here how the hydroboost replacement plates I make are lower profile than the early, flat Astro van mounting plate:

This is the cheapest crowfoot wrench I've been able to find for removing and re-installing the large nut on the back of the hydroboost. It's a little over $12 at Amazon.com:

Here's the CJ/YJ 3 plate hydroboost kit mount, same price:

The Mopar ('68 Roadrunner, etc.) 3 plate hydroboost kit mount: ....yes, I do other early Mopar also.

IH Scout II 3 plate hydroboost kit mount:

'67-'72 Chevy C10 3 plate hydroboost kit mount:

Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Elliott » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:02 am

If you have something custom you'd like me to try building or design for you as a kit for you to build let me know.
sterlingworth16 at yahoo dot com
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Vendors