79 Grand Wagoneer

General Discussions for FSJ Related Topics

79 Grand Wagoneer

Postby YJ-4BT » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:23 am

Hey guys,
Its been a while since I posted up here. Glad to see the site is still around but I'm sorry to see the minimal traffic :(
Anyhow... my other FSJ is going to be a full resto and has essentially been in storage for the last 7-8 years because of other projects and moving. Hopefully this will change because it lookslike we are closing on house with a nice 50x40 shop :thumbsup:
In the mean time I thought I'd pick up a more easily digestable project to chew on. I scored this never lifted/modified 79' Waggy with 102,000 on the ticker for $900. She runs REALLY, REALLY well and has a straight body, pretty clean interior and the factory 5 slots with "Jeep" caps. The A/C has been bypassed so I am expecting the worst scenario on that one. Hopefully its just the compressor but I'm never that lucky!
Specs are:
-TF727
-QT
-D44s
-Saggy springs

Plans are:
-TBI kit from either Howell or Affordable Fuel Injection
-TH400/D20 (either pull from my truck project or pick up another)
-TT fabworks SOA/SF kit and Hi Steer crossover and 2" lift springs (already have :thumbsup: )
-Rhino kit from my truck project. :biggrin:
-dual power steering set up from Elliott
-winch bumper, rear bumper/tire/hilift carrier and a bigger cargo rack
-Some fresh paint and a replacement factory drivers side mirror to replace the lowrider thing hanging there now...

I really would like to do a WT conversion on her but we'll just have to see how this initial punch list goes.

YJ-4BT
ShadeTree Mechanic
ShadeTree Mechanic

Re: 79 Grand Wagoneer

Postby Elliott » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:48 am

That's very clean looking rig! Nice score :thumbsup:
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 79 Grand Wagoneer

Postby Larry » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:27 pm

YJ-4BT wrote:Hey guys,
Its been a while since I posted up here. Glad to see the site is still around but I'm sorry to see the minimal traffic :(

Me too.
Nice score! :banghead:

Good luck with the project.
Larry
Master Mechanic
Master Mechanic

Return to General FSJ Discussions