The Green Beast

Post Progress on Your Build

The Green Beast

Postby MjrWraith » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:50 am

This is my '89 Grand Wagoneer. I bought it about 6 years ago and I am only the 3rd owner. When I got it, it had a little over 100,000. Now it's almost at 200,000 :roll: . I just finished rebuilding the AMC 360 we pulled out of our parts Wag. I kept the std. bore and stroke, Machined and milled the heads 0.030, put a 270H Truck Avenger Comp Cam in, Installed a new Edelbrock Performer Torquer Series Intake Manifold, a 750CFM Edelbrock Performer Carb, and I am in the process of putting a new Cat back exhaust. Suspension has about 2" of lift by means of rearching and adding an extra leaf to the front and a block to the rear. I'm running 265/75 R15 Tires with original rims. I like the 265's cause they have enough size to look great with the lift but also help on fuel mileage. We tore into the original 727 Torqueflight transmission and everything but the seals and gaskets were ok so we just replaced all the seals and gaskets and replaced the filter. Next on my to-do list is to restore the interior, add a little more to the sound system, get new shocks all the way around. replace all the weatherstripping and seals, and repaint. Of course that's in no particular order just whichever I get the money for first. My dad has a '79 International Scout II and we're not wanting to do any major wheeling just mainly go up to the mountains for family vacations and do some trailing. Maybe go out to the local wheeling spot and campout and have some fun. Really I want to get this thing fixed up to the way I think it should've come from the factory. Nothing extreme or fancy just a nice all purpose Grand Wag. The old girl deserves some glory in her older years. That and my 3 kids are fighting on who gets dad's Jeep so gotta make sure it can get passed down another Generation or two :lol: . Anyways that's my baby if you just wanna say "you like it" or have any tips and advice feel free to give me a hollar. Thanks for your interest bye!!!
Attachments
034resize.jpg
Hood's back on and she's ready to go.
032resize.jpg
Motor's back in and we're making sure everything is ok before the hood goes back on.
028resize.jpg
Here the motor's back in and the new Intake is on.
025.jpg
Here we got the motor pulled out getting everything done.
100_1516-800x600.jpg
Here's how it is currently.
[color=#004040]'87 Grand Wagoneer. J.E.E.P. Just Empty Every Pocket. When the big five swept up at the end of the day they built a Jeep![/color]
MjrWraith
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Re: The Green Beast

Postby Elliott » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:18 pm

Nice rig there!
Elliott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Green Beast

Postby MjrWraith » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:51 pm

:angry: I must say the '89 has given up the ghost. Some uninsured idiot rearended it while it was parked in front of my house. He hit it at 60+ mph, my only consolation was well you really should've seen him and his little nissan 240SX. I did pick up another Grand Wag it's an '87 with some perks. The '89's motor and tranny are getting yanked and swapped over. This one has only 132k miles, 3" of lift, and some other things the old '89 didn't. I'll get the pics of her uploaded ASAP. So just wanted to let everyone know why I haven't been on in awhile. :angel: R.I.P Old Girl. :angel: :grumble:
[color=#004040]'87 Grand Wagoneer. J.E.E.P. Just Empty Every Pocket. When the big five swept up at the end of the day they built a Jeep![/color]
MjrWraith
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to Builder's Bay